Sunday, October 9, 2011

My first attempt to use coupons

Why all of a sudden I'm thinking about using coupons? Well, of course I'm notorious for buying the kinds of shoes that never ever ever go on sale and equal a mortgage payment, but I started to get tired of spending so much money on everyday beauty products like body wash, toothpaste, etc.

In my first attempt, in was able to save 52% off my final bill, which I think isn't too shabby for not doing my homework. I admit, I ran straight to superfresh instead of checking prices around, but superfresh also happens to double coupons under $1. These were the products I felt I got the best deals on:

Puffs 3 pack square tissues: normally $4.29 each. Superfresh had them 2 for $6. I downloaded a $0.25 coupon to my rewards card and then used two $1 manufacture coupons. For two 3-packs, I paid $3.75.

Tampax 18count compact: normally $5.49. Store sale less $1.50, $1 coupon downloaded to my rewards card and $1 manufacture coupon. I paid $1.99.

Febreze air effects air spray: $3.79. Store sale less $1.29, $1 coupons downloaded to my rewards card and $1 manufacture coupon. I paid .50. I also like this one so much better than the normally priced $0.99 glade sprays.

Pillsbury crescent rolls: $3.59 each normally. They were 2 for $4 at the store, $0.50 downloaded to my rewards card and $0.40 coupon doubled. I paid $2.70 for two.

I'm sure with a little bit more time spent researching where the deals are, I can save a whole lot more, which will promptly go to the shoe fund!

No comments: